Homepage Forums RetroPie Project Everything else related to the RetroPie Project Getting ROMS off USB to RPi, V3.0 Beta Emulation Station

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    ronearp
    Participant
      I’m a unix idiot so I need to state that upfront.

I have previously setup a few systems with retro pie and older versions of emulation station though.

I’m running the new Emulation Station 3 beta on Rpi B+. I need to get my ROMs copied over from USB stick to the SD card but I don’t know how to do it. I understood that when I booted this new version with a USB stick some unix utility would create directories on the USB stick that I could then populate from my PC. That doesn’t seem to happen though.

With the older Emulation Station / RetroPi I used to use “StartX” and I could use that graphical user file manager to move the files from USB. But StartX doesn’t seem to work on the new v3 beta image.

My understanding is that the unix system needs to mount the USB drive but my guess that isn’t happening. I don’t actually know how to check if that is occurring or not from the command line.

I have run the Midnight Commander file manager under EmulationStation but I don’t see the USB stick there either.

Any help you can offer would be very welcome.

Floob

Does this help?

ronearp
    Participant

I am sure it will. Thanks for posting and I’ll check out your other links too. Ron

ronearp
    Participant

That video was great, thanks for posting.

Ron

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘Everything else related to the RetroPie Project’ is closed to new topics and replies.