Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    magnisium
    Participant

Hi all,
    I’m trying to get the gba emulator working in retropie 2.3. I’m pretty much a complete beginner which is hampered since i do not have internet access with my raspberry pi (college network refuses any connections made by an rpi). Is it possible to get the gba emulator working without internet access? If so, how?

gezz
    Participant

You will need internet access to get a hold of the BIOS but i don’t think we are allowed to link it here.

Step 1: Get the GBA bios
    Step 2: Connect your Pi via Ethernet to your switch or router
    Step 3: Download FileZilla (a FTP client)
    Step 4: Create a new connection to the Pi (you can do this via IP address or name)
    Step 5: Once FileZilla is running go to the /opt/retropie/emulators/gpsp location (you may have to go back afew directories as the FileZilla will take you some other folder to begin with)
    Step 6: Dump the GBA BIOS in the gpsp directory
    Step 7: Start playing GBA games.

Floob

copying roms via USB may help if you have limited access to the Pi.

whywilson
    Participant

@Floob I managed to grab the BIOS, But I have no idea how to setup the gamepad since there is no .cfg file. I tried making one but to no avail.

herbfargus

you’ll press F10 i think or maybe F5 while you are in a game to configure your controller.

neighbourhoodnerd
    Participant

Yep, it’s F10. The current GBA emulator (GPSP) is separate to most of the other emulators, which are all based on Retroarch and thus use the same control scheme.

If you have a Pi2, I would suggest switching to a Retroarch emulator for GBA.

To do this:
    Enter the following into the console:

cd RetroPie-Setup
    sudo ./retropie_setup.sh

then Update the Retropie setup script and restart it
    Then go to Experimental
    Install the GPSP Retroarch package. This will take about 20 minutes.
    This will give you a new folder in your ROMs directory where you can put GBA games.

gizmo98
    Participant

Please use:
    sudo __platform=rpi2 ./retropie_setup.sh

Gba libreto modules should not show up if your platform is rpi1 (default).

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The forum ‘Everything else related to the RetroPie Project’ is closed to new topics and replies.