Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    metzger
    Participant

I am using an xbox 360 controller, it seems to work great with NES, SNES, TG 16 games and some of the genesis games. Now when I start mutant league football and I try to play the computer it INSISTS on having 2 players and will not let me play the computer no matter what I do. As soon as I touch the joystick it makes player 2 on the L side and player 1 on the R side and will not change either to computer opponent. Any ideas on why this is happening?
    Thanks

RetroMarine
    Participant

Ok so I just tried it with my snes controllers…I was able to play 1 player against the CPU…did you have a player 2 plugged into the bottom USB port? I wasn’t able to choose pad 2 until I had the 2nd controller plugged in. If it’s not that, I would suggest finding another rom

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

metzger
    Participant

I have wireless Xbox 360 controllers, so the receiver is plugged into the USB port and the controllers are wireless. One of them the battery doesn’t seem to work so it’s always plugged in and the other is unplugged, cable does nothing but charge the controllers. I even unplugged the controller that won’t work unless plugged in and it still tells me player 2 is pad 2 and player 1 is pad 1, can’t put it to computer. This is happening with Mutant league football, hockey I can’t move any lower than the team selection, to change stadium and such. NBA Jam TE does work fine, so it might be the rom. not sure how i would know if a rom is good or not unless I would download a different one and try it?

metzger
    Participant

It APPEARS as if the emulator is considering p1 and p2 to be the same controller. Reason I think this is that when I change team for P1, P2 also changes and when I go to try and change pad2 to sega, it highlights BOTH sides, so player 1 and 2. If this is what is going on, how would I fix this? Has to be a somewhat easy fix. I’m also not positive which emulator I am using for genesis. is there a way to tell which one the roms are actually using? all roms are .bin files btw.

metzger
    Participant

After trying to figure out the issue I tried a few more games and it is not just the genesis. Evidently it is for ALL systems unfortunately. I thought it was working correctly, but I guess not. I have the xboxdrv file in the boot and my retroarch config file that I thought was correct but evidently I am doing something wrong. I have the files here if someone would look at it and tell me what I have going wrong. They are wireless controllers just so you know.

metzger
    Participant

Feel dumb, index=0 was set for both players. Set index=1 for player 2 and player 1 only controls player 1 now. Now, how do I get these things to stop flashing? Also, is there a way to not have them come on when I turn on my 360? I want 2 controllers for the pi and 2 for the 360, yet if my 360 is plugged in and i hit the button to turn on the controllers it powers on the 360. Has to be a way, right?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The forum ‘Everything else related to the RetroPie Project’ is closed to new topics and replies.