Homepage Forums RetroPie Project Everything else related to the RetroPie Project gcc-4.7 missing and cannot be installed? Here's what to do.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

I’m not 100% sure what caused gcc-4.7 to be removed from my Retropie setup but I think it might have been the “apt-get dist-upgrade” I ran. Anyway, if you’re reading this you probably in the same situation.

gcc-4.7 is gone and retropie_setup.sh refuses to run without it. Any manual attempt to reinstall it have failed and you’re about to give up. DON’T!

The fix is easy. Edit the retropie_packages.sh script and replace all 4.7 references with 4.8 (I think there’s three places you need to change).

Re-run the retropie_setup.sh and it will install gcc-4.8 and g++-4.8 and you’re good to go.

I only tried registering a new RetroArch controller so I can’t promise nothing else got broken but for me that was all I needed to do right now.

YaGottaEat

You are a saint. I was just about ready to re-burn the RetroPie disc image and start from scratch.

Wonderful!!!

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The forum ‘Everything else related to the RetroPie Project’ is closed to new topics and replies.