Homepage Forums RetroPie Project Everything else related to the RetroPie Project GBA on Raspberry Pi B, using 3 beta 3

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    tombradshaw
    Participant

Hi
    I have a Raspberry Pi B with version 3 beta 3, I can get most things working that I want, but GBA doesn’t work.
    I just get “You have and incorrect BIOS image”, I have copied the gba_bios.bin into the /home/pi/RetroPie/BIOS and /opt/retropie/emulators/gpsp folders
    its 16k and I have used it before.
    I am not sure what to try next?

Thanks

charco
    Participant

You need to place the bios file in the BIOS folder.

https://github.com/RetroPie/RetroPie-Setup/wiki/Game-Boy-Advance

tombradshaw
    Participant

Thanks I did that, see my post.
    Cheers

Omnija
    Participant

[quote=99974]Thanks I did that, see my post.
    Cheers

[/quote]

Try obtaining another bios from another source or try recopying it. Sometimes transferring files can partially transfer or corrupt a file (due to unstable connections or some similar sort). See if the problem persists.

tombradshaw
    Participant

tried recopying, checking the hash again, tried both folders again.
    Has anybody got it working with beta 3?

momaw27
    Participant

Hey tombradshaw!

I’ve got GBA working in 3.0B3 (albeit not lr-mGBA as there is a bug upstream somewhere, but a git ticket has been issued I believe).

The only thing I can think of is to make sure that your GBA bios filename is in all lowercase letters. Linux is picky like that (which I appreciate :)

It should look like this:

gba_bios.bin

Of particular importance, check that the extension, .bin, is lowercase and not .BIN.

I hope that helps!

momaw27

tombradshaw
    Participant

Got it working now, started again with beta 4, think i must have got something wrong before.

charco
    Participant

Glad it’s working!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The forum ‘Everything else related to the RetroPie Project’ is closed to new topics and replies.