• This topic has 6 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by Anonymous.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Haris

Ok..I ve managed to start playing some gba roms but every time i start a game i have to press F10 and re map my gamepad. I canot see a cfg folder anywhere. How can i save my gamepad controls?

Haris

I guess it smth with the permissions?

Haris

Found the solution.

The user of gpsp folder (and raspberrypi folder as well) shoulp be pi and not root !!

FalconPunch

Can you post the code that you used? I’m having the same issue and have changed the permissions, but the config file still won’t save.

Haris

Run gba emulator and hit F10 for keyboard. A new screen comes. Map joystick. If you restart game and gamepad needs re-mapping then you have to change permissions.

In ssh type:

ls -ld /opt/retropie/emulators/gpsp/raspberrypi

For changes to be saved, the user should be pi, not root. The output when this command is run should be similar to below.

drwxr-xr-x 2 pi pi 4096 Jul 8 14:21 /opt/retropie/emulators/gpsp/raspberrypi

If root is the owner, then change the user to pi with the following command.

sudo chown -R pi:pi /opt/retropie/emulators/gpsp/raspberrypi

Quick question: Have you experiencing any sound appearings and dissapearings?

hazza4569
    Participant

Hey guys, I’ve had the same issue with having to configure every time I open the emulator, but have been unable to fix it with that code?

I’ve tried everything I can think if but nobody seems to have a solution?

Help would be much appreciated – really don’t wanna have to configure controller every time I play.

Anonymous
    Inactive

I got the same problem. I tired the script, everything but it was not possible to save the settings.

Then i tried one thing : in /opt/retropie/configs i created a folder called gba.
    Then I launched a gba rom, go to settings menu with F10, set the buttons and exit….inside gba folde a gpsp.cfg was created and then the settings are finally stored!

I hope this will be useful for everyone!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The forum ‘Everything else related to the RetroPie Project’ is closed to new topics and replies.