Homepage Forums RetroPie Project Everything else related to the RetroPie Project GB and GBC Emulators are not working.

Tagged: , ,

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    hbod8
    Participant

I just got RetroPie and am amazed at its capabilities.

I installed the newest version (30 hour process) to avoid any bugs/problems.

I booted it up and attempted to run a GB game to have the error:

/opt/retropie/supplementary/runcommand/runcommand.sh: line 274: /opt/retropie/emulators/retroarch/bin/retroarch: No such file or directory

I then navigated to the /opt/retropie/emulators/retroarch folder to only find a folder named ‘configs’ filled with controller configs.

I really want to play my GB and GBC games (GBA games work) and this error is really annoying. I really need help.

Floob

I’d be tempted to run 2.4.2 and dont update from source as its a pretty new image anyway, I dont expect you’d be missing much just by running with the image as is.

Roo
    Participant

Yeah what Floob says. It sounds like you compiled RetroPie yourself. If you use the SD card image it’s much more noobie friendly. Also, since it’s an image of the whole OS, there’s lot’s of little tweaks included that you don’t get when you install RetroPie on top of Rasbian. Like a modest overclock that really is needed to run the included emulators.

Bonus – it won’t take nearly as long as building RetroPie from sources :)

hetti
    Participant

I had the same problem. Just run the setup_script and select only retroarch in the list of emulators in the “Install from source” menu. Takes about 15 min to install.

petrockblog
    Keymaster

on the latest retropie-setup script there is a menu to install individual packages from binary or source (menu item 5). added so people can quickly create a custom install, or rebuild stuff quickly.

This is also possible from the retro_packages.sh commandline tool (which can do a lot more also)

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The forum ‘Everything else related to the RetroPie Project’ is closed to new topics and replies.