Homepage Forums RetroPie Project Everything else related to the RetroPie Project Games not saving/creating srm files

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    drneroli
    Participant

It’s seemingly random but on some emulators for some systems games aren’t saving an srm file when I save them in game, for example, Final Fantasy 9, wip3out on the PlayStation and Mario & Luigi on the GBA, i’m using the most recent version of RetroPie on a Raspberry Pi 2, what do you think is the problem?

Floob

Do you exit cleanly when you quit the game. i.e. with start and select?

You could also set this in your main retroarch.cfg
    autosave_interval = 5

drneroli
    Participant

Yes indeed, I was exiting cleanly on the occasions these gamess weren’t saving

Floob

Try making that 5 sec change in retroarch.cfg and waiting at least that amount of time after making the in-game save before quitting.
    Failing that, you can always use save states.

drneroli
    Participant

Thank you, maybe it’s just a quirk in this install i’ve done of the retropie software, it seems to be peculierly recognizing the XBox gamepad i’m trying to configue with it too, i’ll open a different thread about that though.

jamesandjome-com
    Participant

Hi,

Just in case I will also add that I had recent trouble saving PSX.

The issue was that I was running games from my USB and the saves/loads were defulted to my roms folder on the USB. Because there were no permissions set to write the saves/loads would not work.

What I ended up doing was creating a folder called saves in Home/pi/saves.

I then edited my retroarch.cfg for each system to direct saves and loads to this folder and everything is great.

drneroli
    Participant

Indeed, I was considering consolidating all the saves into one folder as well, even though I run the roms from the sd card maybe it’ll help.

taksoto
    Participant

How did you edit the retroarch.cfg files? What did you add in?

I moved all the games to a USB drive also. The games won’t save, and the emulators say they can’t save the sateto /media/usb0/roms/{etc}. I’ve tried having the user and group of “pi” take ownership of the roms folder, but it won’t change from root.

dankcushions
    Participant

is your USB drive set to FAT32? if it, permissions won’t work that way – you have to set the permissions at the point that it’s mounted: http://superuser.com/questions/617777/how-do-i-auto-mount-a-usb-drive-that-all-users-can-write-to

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • The forum ‘Everything else related to the RetroPie Project’ is closed to new topics and replies.