Homepage Forums RetroPie Project Controller Configuration in RetroPie Gamepad works in SNES9x Next but not SNES9x

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    viperjpb
    Participant

So far this thing works great! I got two PS3 controllers working wired in almost every emulator from NES to MAME on a Raspberry Pi 2. However there are a few games that won’t run on the SNES9x-Next emulator but will on SNES9x. So I set those games to us SNES9x instead. But SNES9x doesn’t see my gamepads and only recognizes the keyboard….I have looked in every config file and menu and cannot figure out how to configure the controllers for the SNES9x emulator. Would love to know what I need to do to configure the gamepads for just that one emulator? Thanks.

herbfargus
    viperjpb
    Participant

Thx. I have seen that post before but does the pisnes config effect the snes9x emulator or just the pisnes? pisnes does not work with the rom in question. thx.

viperjpb
    Participant

Followed the above and entered in the proper config for the ps3 controllers into pisnes’s config. It did not help snes9x. When I look inside the snes9x folder I see there is no config there. Thinking I may copy the above config into that folder. However for some reason when I try to do so my FTP client says I don’t have proper permission. Not sure how to fix that. Any help on getting my contes configured for the alternate snes9x emulator would be greatly appreciated.

petrockblog
    Keymaster

Did you try the other libretro emulator lr-catsfc which will use the autogenerated controller configuration ? There is also pocketsnes, and armsnes (these are faster but less accurate).

viperjpb
    Participant

Hi buzz. Sadly I have tried all the emulators included to no avail. Only Snes9x plays the games in question but only the keyboard works with that and I cannot figure out how to config it. I may try to find alternate roms and see if that helps the other emulators play the games in question. Getting desperate though as this is a gift for Xmas and the games in question are the whole point sadly. Any ideas on how to config snes9x are much appreciated.

petrockblog
    Keymaster

Don’t think the joystick buttons are configurable without a recompile or if it supports your joystick mapping

https://github.com/RetroPie/snes9x-rpi/blob/master/readme.rpi

But I’m surprised if that emulator supports something snes9x-next doesnt as it’s not using a newer snes9x core.

Please give me an example of a game which doesn’t work? Which version of retropie are you using ?

viperjpb
    Participant

Using latest Retropi 3.2.1. Games in question are Super Mario Kart and Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles-Turtles in Time. They wont open in any emulator except for sne9x. It goes to the black load screen than kicks back into Emulationstation.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The forum ‘Controller Configuration in RetroPie’ is closed to new topics and replies.