Homepage Forums RetroPie Project Everything else related to the RetroPie Project gamelist.xml empty after Sselph scrape

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    g0nz0uk
    Participant

Hello,

I have followed the instructions at to scrape my emulators on my Pi2 (Retropie 3.2.1).

I started with the snes and in created an image folder and it has 100s of images now (thumb size), but they don’t show up in ES even after hitting F4 to refresh. I’ve noticed the gamelist.xml is empty too and just shows:

<?xml version=”1.0″? <gameList />

I am using the manual method to install as the Sselph install via the experimental menu doesn’t work (tried on new 3.2.1 image).

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

g0nz0uk
    Participant

Just ran it for the megadrive and the image folder is there but no gamelist.xml

g0nz0uk
    Participant

Same thing for mame, all the images are there and a gamelist.xml with just this inside:

<?xml version=”1.0″?>
    <gameList />

simillarian
    Participant

This is happening to me to right now too with NES games on retropie 3.2.1. I am running it from the retropie-setup experimental menu. I see it going through each game, and i have verified that it is downloading the cover art images, but it is not updating the gamelist.xml file.

I am looking in ~/.emulationstation/

I tried restarting ES.

g0nz0uk
    Participant

I ran it manually and it still didn’t work in the end, then I found I had a couple of 0kb or 0mb roms in the folder which I removed and worked.

I had to use a process of elimination, try putting 5-10 roms in there first and see if it works, it may just be a corrupt rom like I had.

simillarian
    Participant

In that case I thought it might be something similar. Inside the rom folder I had everything separated by region. I did away with that and put everything in one folder, and it scraped successfully.

claytonbeaubien
    Participant

Scraper V1.0.4
    RetroPie V3.2.1

I get the same issue.

Images end up in each different system folder with a gamelist that is almost blank, just says:

<?xml version=”1.0″?>
    <gameList />

I took the time to organize all my roms into folders by name. I am doing up a few of these retro pies for friends. The first few i made didnt have this issue. Games were all in folders and scraping worked fine. Now all of a sudden it doesn’t want to work.

Ive tried scraping from different locations. Doing them all at once, doing a folder at a time. Nothing seems to work for me.

maybe master scraper SSELPH can help???

redfarmer
    Participant

Same prob if running the command with sudo?

claytonbeaubien
    Participant

good call, i guess i never thought of that cause i havent had to run as sudo before
    i have been having better success running scraper as

sudo scraper thumb_only

plus i make sure, when i do it from winSCP that my pi is not in emulation station.

this seems to work for me for now.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • The forum ‘Everything else related to the RetroPie Project’ is closed to new topics and replies.