Homepage Forums RetroPie Project Peoples Projects GameKid Kickstarter is Live!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    capnrobot
    Participant
    Omnija
    Participant

I think it’s missing L2 ,R2 and possibly a joystick. Selling open source things is a bad idea, especially when you aren’t a contributor or developer of those projects.

fireslayer26
    Participant

[quote=104870]I think it’s missing L2 ,R2 and possibly a joystick. Selling open source things is a bad idea, especially when you aren’t a contributor or developer of those projects.

[/quote]

Agreed

rdhanded2
    Participant

That is pretty low. What open source project are they selling?

headclot
    Participant

[quote=104870]I think it’s missing L2 ,R2 and possibly a joystick. Selling open source things is a bad idea, especially when you aren’t a contributor or developer of those projects.

[/quote]

Why is this and what thing are they selling that is open source but have not contributed to?

Just curious.

herbfargus

Well the retropie project for one… Emulationstation… Probably the 3d printed case… Retroarch… A few emulators that are against the licenses to sell: Genesis plus gx, mame…

ronoh55
    Participant

This whole “Selling Open source things” can all be easily fixed.

The kickstarter is selling a kit to build this project (as well as a pre-assembled version)
    They are not selling any of the software for it, though they do have their own (I assume preconfigured for controls) SD image for retropie. The easy fix is to release that image on their site free of charge, proving it’s only the hardware they are selling.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The forum ‘Peoples Projects’ is closed to new topics and replies.