Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    skturner
    Participant

I’m having issues running Gameboy games on the RetroPie. Whenever I run an NES or SNES game, everything looks fine, but if I run a GB or GBC game the top and sides of the image are all cut off.

In fiddling with settings randomly, I found that I can get the same effect on the Raspberry Pi console by setting the HDMI mode to 3 (480p widescreen). However, changing the overscan settings in /boot/config.txt doesn’t have any effect on the video for the GB and GBC emulators.

Does anyone have any clue why this might be happening, and what I could do to fix it? I’m running through HDMI on a 1080p vizio television.

Thanks.

kitchuk
    Participant

This problem is due to a script that runs when you start the emulators for the Gameboy. It’s also does the same for the nes and snes but you probably don’t notice as much. First off you need to set your display to a Halloween resolution I’m boot config so I would recommend 720p. Then view the hidden folders at /home/pi and there’s one called ‘.emulationstation’ go into that folder and there should be a file called es_systems.cfg. Open it up in a text editor and waiting the commands for opening the emulators you should see it says runcommand.sh 1. Change the 1 to a 2 and save. Reboot, try he emulator and it should be fixed!

Sent from my GT-I9300

skturner
    Participant

Thanks, that did the trick!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘Everything else related to the RetroPie Project’ is closed to new topics and replies.