Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Participant

I was hoping to setup game specific configs.

I came up with the idea to modify the es_system.cfg file as follows:

<command>/opt/retropie/supplementary/runcommand/runcommand.sh 4 “/opt/retropie/emulators/RetroArch/installdir/bin/retroarch -L /opt/retropie/emulatorcores/picodrive/picodrive_libretro.so –config /opt/retropie/configs/all/retroarch.cfg –appendconfig /opt/retropie/configs/mastersystem/retroarch.cfg –appendconfig %ROM%.cfg %ROM%”</command>

This way if there was a config file setup in the Roms directory, something like:

/home/pi/RetroPie/megadrive/GAMENAME.bin.cfg

It would get loaded.

I found one sizable problem when doing this however…

I see the following error:

Could not load rom: ‘%ROM%’

Which is indicating that the config IS being loaded as I’d hoped, BUT because the variable %ROM% now occurs twice in the same command, only the very FIRST occurrence of the variable is being replaced. The one referencing the actual Rom at the very end of the string is being left untouched…

Does anybody know how I might work around this? I don’t want custom configs for every game but some would be nice for specific games.

I’m hoping someone can either direct me how to fix this problem, or perhaps give me an alternate method to set this up…

Floob

Maybe you could load a custom retroarch.cfg once you are in the game using the rgui with F1?

bobbyt
    Participant

If I’m not mistaken it will effect more than just the current Rom. I’m hoping to get something setup with no overhead…

Im just surprised that I can only use the variable once…

janezkranjc
    Participant

Did you figure out a solution to your problem?

janezkranjc
    Participant

I just added a pull request, where it is now possible to have a custom config for each rom (that uses retroarch). It was merged into the retropie script so if you update it you will get the ability to edit custom config inside the menu (press m or x while loading game).

It works in the same way as you described in your issue.

dEdNd
    Participant

Will this work on RetroPie 1.x versions. No really big on updating to a newer version.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The forum ‘Everything else related to the RetroPie Project’ is closed to new topics and replies.