Homepage Forums RetroPie Project Everything else related to the RetroPie Project Game Save Not Working After 3.3 Upgrade (same .sav as 3.2.1 installation)

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    simillarian
    Participant

I upgraded to 3.3 and backed up my entire “roms” folder. I copied everything back to the pi and tried continuing Ys Book I & II, but my saved game is not listed in the menu. I just double checked that the .sav file is on it, which it is.

I am using the same .sav file from my 3.2.1 installation. I had reinstalled 3.2.1 a few times and each time I just backed up the .sav file, reinstalled retropie, then copied it back to the pcengine folder. So, I am not sure why this method isn’t working for 3.3.

Does anyone know what I can do? Thanks in advance!

simillarian
    Participant

Bumping since I made the title more clear and representative of my situation.

simillarian
    Participant

I made a new game save. Noticed that the extension was .srm. So, I renamed my .sav file to .srm and was able to load the game save.

The following is MY deduction of the situation (I could very well be wrong)… 3.2.1 defaulted with the lr-mednafen-pce emulator (or i chose it). 3.3 no longer has that emulator and only has lr-mednafen-pce-fast. It would seem that the saved game file uses a different extension for this version.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘Everything else related to the RetroPie Project’ is closed to new topics and replies.