Homepage Forums RetroPie Project Everything else related to the RetroPie Project Frotz (Infocom z-machine emulator) config; font size etc.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    retrocam
    Participant

Has anyone figured out how to change the font size in Frotz?

My RetroPie is configured to have no border so games are full screen however, console text is hard to read when they are right on the edge of the screen and small text size. I can see Frotz supports config files but I can’t see one on my Pi. The edge issue looks like it can be fixed running Frotz with “frotz -l #” and the number specifies the margin. There doesn’t appear to be an argument for font size though so I’m guessing that needs to be in a config file somewhere.

rookervik
    Participant

Ah yeah, frotz doesn’t have a config for screen size. When you start one of your z-machine games, there’s a short time you can press a button to get to a quick little RetroPie config. You need to “Select framebuffer res for frotz” and set it to something like 640×480. That’s the original font size for those games. And looks so much better. You can actually read it! Ahhh yes, sexy.

herbfargus

this is the wiki page on the runcommand menu if there is any confusion:

https://github.com/RetroPie/RetroPie-Setup/wiki/runcommand

retrocam
    Participant

That did the trick! Fantastic, thanks so much. :)

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘Everything else related to the RetroPie Project’ is closed to new topics and replies.