Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    mikegold
    Participant

I’ve set up my Retropie with all the emulators and roms, video splash etc. and now I’m getting pretty close to filling up my 32GB card to the brim. Now my question is:

How much free space should I leave on my Pi2 to be able to use my device?

I’m a long time Windows user and from my experience that system was bloating over time. I have no idea what is the story with Linux though. I’m not planning on putting any new emulators or roms on my device, maybe sometimes I’ll check if there are some updates to the current ones. Save states are a few KB most of the time.

I have roughly 60MB left and I wonder if it’ll work in a long run.

Thanks in advance!

jenksie
    Participant

Not sure how much you need but remember if you are using save games or save states that 60mb could soon start decreasing.

raverrevolution
    Participant

Sorry to bump this topic up, but a definite answer would be good.

Last night I had about 500mb left on my card and a ton of stuff in Retropie started to not work correct. Once I deleted files it worked better.

zerojay
    Participant

There’s no answer to give you. How long it will run as is depends entirely on how many logs you generate. Eventually, it will fill up if you don’t clean it out.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘New to RetroPie? Start Here!’ is closed to new topics and replies.