Homepage Forums RetroPie Project Everything else related to the RetroPie Project Force video output to be like native hardware

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    roquen
    Participant

How would I set the retropi to output the video and sound (video is more important) in the same format as if it was output directly from the SNES (or NES)

My issue is that the roms in retroarch/libretro and pocketsnes are cropped awkwardly, regardless of the aspect ratio and on multiple televisions (CRT and LCD, 4:3, 16:9 respectively)

I am unsure where to find these settings outside of the retroarch.cfg aspect ratio and the raspi-config.txt

kitchuk
    Participant

When in a retroarch game hold your designated hockey and press F1 on your keyboard. This will bring up a GUI. You can the select which aspect ratio you would like. 1:1 PAR will be the original systems intended ratio.

retrofredde
    Participant

1:1 PAR has never worked as intended on my widescreen LED TV, I always get the screen stretched out fully to the sides on both 4:3 and PAR 1:1. No idea why. I’ve tried editing the boot/config.txt file with the force aspect ratio and auto ratio lines too but it’s always the same for me. I ended up editing the aspect ratio manually instead with the retroarch GUI using the custom mode and squeezing it to what I think is 4:3, saving it for all emulators. GPsp is still stretched out though, I haven’t found the config file yet for that one.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘Everything else related to the RetroPie Project’ is closed to new topics and replies.