Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Hello,

I’ve built a cocktail cabinet with the intent on playing MAME games on it but I also really like the idea of playing with friends using the NES emulator. For games like super mario I’d need to be able to flip the screen between players.

Checking out the basic options in the NES emulator this does not appear to possible. Does anyone have any ideas?

I searched the forum but did not find anything related but I apologize if this has been asked before.

Thank you.

patrickm
    Participant

[quote=98008]Hello,

I’ve built a cocktail cabinet with the intent on playing MAME games on it but I also really like the idea of playing with friends using the NES emulator. For games like super mario I’d need to be able to flip the screen between players.

Checking out the basic options in the NES emulator this does not appear to possible. Does anyone have any ideas?

I searched the forum but did not find anything related but I apologize if this has been asked before.

Thank you.

[/quote]

I think there’s a rotate screen option in video settings.

bujbot
    Participant

Thanks Patrick, I looked deeper and found it in the video settings. Now is it possible to assign this to a button? So once player 1 is finished player 2 can flip the screen to face them?

Thanks.

bujbot
    Participant

I’ve spent some time in the retroarch.cfg file setting up the emulator as well as trying to get the screen flip to happen.

I tried making up commands in the retroarch.cfg with no luck. I tried:
    input_screen_rotate_btn =
    input_video_rotate_btn =
    input_screen_flip_btn =
    input_video_flip_btn =

plus some variants related.

So my first question; does anyone know the commands available in retroarch.cfg? Or is what’s commented in the file the only commands available

I’m convinced there’s a way to do this because you can go into the menu and flip it, so it’s in the code somewhere.

So my second question; any tips on getting into the NES emulator’s code itself?

Thanks.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘Everything else related to the RetroPie Project’ is closed to new topics and replies.