muldoonParticipant02/02/2015 at 14:19Post count: 25
With the current ROM I have, RetroPie says that it is missing 4 file: 2N, 1C, 5C, and 1D. With ROMCenter, using the emulator version of 0.140, after I fixed the ROM almost of the internal files are different and the ROM is still unusable. I am unable to use the ROM through ROMCentr or on on RetroPi.
When using CLRMamePro, I kind of got lost on the third item in the “Repeat Steps 4 through 6” section.
* From clrmamepro “Profiler” window load the DAT file for PiFBA C:\RetroPieRoms\fba_029671_od_release_10_working_roms.dat
* From clrmamepro “Settings” windows set the ROM path to C:\RetroPieRoms\PiFBA
* Use clrmamepro’s “Rebuilder” to rebuild your existing ROMs to a new ROM set
* Scan the rebuilt ROMs using the “Scanner”
When it says existing ROMs, does that refer to the original ROMs or to the ROMs that were created in the Mame4All folder?FloobMember02/02/2015 at 22:32Post count: 1629
Which romset (zip file) are you trying to run with FBA?muldoonParticipant02/03/2015 at 01:55Post count: 25
I don’t think I’m using (or trying to use) FBA. I think it may because I read a post where you could use 0.14 instead of 0.37b5….. But I’m quite new, so I may be way off base.
I tried using the 0.37b5 exe to create a dat file, but when I try to use it I get an error stating that I need a 32-bit version. I have CLRMAAME and ROMCenter on Windows7 64. With the 0.14 I can create the dat file, but I can’t fix the file.FloobMember02/03/2015 at 11:33Post count: 1629
If you put the roms in /home/pi/RetroPie/roms/mame then mame4all will run them, and it needs 0.37b5.
The easiest way is to get that romset directly, it is about if you google.
Otherwise you could rebuild a 0.37b5 set from a newer one following the wiki article. I’ll try to make a video about it soon to make it clear, as I know there are a lot of options.FloobMember02/04/2015 at 10:33Post count: 1629
Ok, I’ll schedule one. At the moment I’m thinking of doing vids on
RPi 2 speed increaseRooParticipant02/04/2015 at 15:26Post count: 211
[quote=86384]When it says existing ROMs, does that refer to the original ROMs or to the ROMs that were created in the Mame4All folder?[/quote]
Your source roms.
* Load the FBA dat into a new clrmamepro profile, or just load the profile you made earlier if you already did that step
* Go to settings and verify you have the path set to where you want your new FBA roms to go. This should be a new, empty directory – you will rebuild into this directory. In my tutorial, I used
* Click on the rebuilder button of clrmamepro. The destination should be filled in with the path you defined in Settings (i.e.
C:\RetroPieRoms\PiFBA). The source would be wherever you have your MAME / FBA roms. MAME and FBA use (basically) the same roms, so you can start rebuilding by pointing the source to your same MAME roms you used to rebuild the MAME set earlier in the tutorial
* You can rebuild again, picking a different source each time. If you have multiple locations where clrmamepro may be able to find matching roms to rebuild your FBA rom set, just rebuild with each of those source paths
Hope the helps explain. Let me know how it goes!
- The forum ‘Everything else related to the RetroPie Project’ is closed to new topics and replies.