Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • exonerated
    Participant
    Post count: 21

    I ran the ES_Scraper and noticed some games gave improper data. Meaning I have several entries listed as the same game when they are in fact different games.

    How can I overwrite/fix these errors?

    RetroMarine
    Participant
    Post count: 153

    You have to manually do it by editing the xml file gamelist.xml within the rom folder. I would suggest scraping manually next time. It takes forever, but at least you know everything will be correct and you only have to do it once.

    exonerated
    Participant
    Post count: 21

    Ahhh thats what I figured! That’s what I get for trying to be lazy.

    Where is the gamelist.xml file generated by es_scraper? I used sselphs scraper for SNES and it places it along with the roms. ES_Scraper seems to place it somewhere else.

    Edit: Nvm! Found it!

    Floob
    Member
    Post count: 1629

    If you need it, there is an overview of file locations here:

    sselph
    Participant
    Post count: 170

    I haven’t played around a ton with the builtin scraper but if I remember correctly there is an option to only scraper things missing images. You might be able to just delete everything in your gamelist.xml and images that is incorrect then manually scrape to get the real data. But the amount of time required inspect everything for issues might be comparable to manually scraping everything.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.