Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Hey everyone, my problem is I have been playing Final Fantasy for a while and when I am in a certain boss fight (first Rufus fight) it keeps ejecting me frm the game. It happens almost exactly at the same moment. I have tried overclocking up to the second highest with no change. Does anyone know how to fix this? I am a bit of a noob when it comes to the Raspberry Pie.

danford
    Participant

Bumping this i have the exact same issue, i am currently upgrading to the new 3.0 version of retro pie to see if it helps. also have to work my way back up to the rufus fight because i updated without protecting my game save :(. Anyone on here know if you can do a pc port of FF7 instead of using the psx emulator and get better performance?

knight2087
    Participant

Hello,
    can you upload your save file. I’ll test on mine.

humpadilo
    Participant

I figured out that I have to overclock it to Turbo. Also if you save your game and exit emulation station it will save it. I do this at almost every save point. I only overclock it to turbo at certain times when I think it is going to shut down. I am over half way through the game and it has only reset on me about three times, so it doesn’t happen often.

knight2087
    Participant

ok, but “only” 3 times it’s annoying.
    And maybe you’ll have the same problem with others games, if you must use turbo mode for every crash… Can you still post your save, i want to test but dont want to play 10h for that.
    tx

familyguy315
    Participant

I had the same issue and having other slight issues. I was able to successfully beat rufus, but it required only using “Attack”. The crappy part, after that the Motor Ball fight, it would keep doing that if I cast Fire. Was able to get past. Now I am just running around trying to catch my 1st chocobo and the game will out of nowhere exit. If I save with the game’s memory card or with the retroarch save, if the game closes on it’s own, the save does not save…..so if I don’t close the game regularly, it could crash and I get to do the last 2 hours over again. Any help other than Turbo would be appreciated. Going to try a different rom tonight.

humpadilo
    Participant

Knight2087, I would be happy to post my game but I am really new to this and I am not sure how to post a saved game. I’ll have to see if I can’t figure it out. Do you have a helpful link you could post that would help me out?

knight2087
    Participant

the save file has .srm extension. You can find it in the same folder of your psx game.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The forum ‘Everything else related to the RetroPie Project’ is closed to new topics and replies.