Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    noobaphile
    Participant

Hi all, I’m a newbie to Raspi and retropi I have managed to get it up and running however I can only get my Mame roms to work, I have placed all my roms in the correct rom locations, but the relevant emulators don’t show up in emulation station…I have unzipped the non Mame roms.
    Could someone post a list of compatable file extensions for each emulator please ?
    And am I right in thinking I can just edit the file extension to a compatable one if the extension doesn’t match ?
    Thank you

Floob

Here is an example es_systems.cfg that has most of the examples in it.
    RetroPie 2.4 has an updated RetroArch version that also supports .zip

http://www.raspberrypi.org/forums/viewtopic.php?p=355250&sid=3fa3e90495f6a3987a0fd8fde25c0893#p355250

noobaphile
    Participant

Thanks Floob! Btw I asked you the same question on your retropie 101 video on YouTube comments tonight, Great Video! Do you think I would be best to start a fresh install of Retropie 2.4, I’m currently using 2.3, it looks like a lot of my roms have the wrong file extension.
    Example genesis games=.gen . Thank you

Floob

Yes, RetroPie 2.4.1 is working well for me, I do most of my tests on that now.

.gen work fine in it. I think it should be fine in 2.3 as well though, but I dont have a card to check at the moment.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘Everything else related to the RetroPie Project’ is closed to new topics and replies.