Homepage Forums RetroPie Project Controller Configuration in RetroPie FBA/MAME CONTROLS (THOUGHT FOR THE DEVS)

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    haris1977
    Participant

I really like the idea of configuring input at start :)

Just a question though: From what i know this works for all Retroarch emulators – except for pifba (needs fba2x.cfg file to be manually edited) and mame emulator.

Assuming my controller’s file is USB_controller.cfg (created at start up) can this be linked with a fba2x.cfg file which will be auto generated in the right path?? fba2x.cfg typical needs these values:

[Joystick]
    A_1=
    B_1=
    X_1=
    Y_1=
    L_1=
    R_1=
    START_1=
    SELECT_1=
    LEFT_1=
    RIGHT_1=
    UP_1=
    DOWN_1=

All these values can be auto-imported from the USB_controller.cfg (or whatever the name is) right?

It is only a thought about this..

p.s I dont know if smth similar can be done for mame controls..

herbfargus

This is something that we’ve thought of and that needs to be done- but currently there are some bugs with the pifba emulator and 4 player support and hat controls, so until those are fixed we can’t really incorporate it into the inputstation module yet.

As far as mame is concerned, there isn’t a specific config file with controls so I don’t know how it would be incorporated into the controller module.

petrockblog
    Keymaster

yeh mame4all would need source code changes to get default controls from somewhere – automatic control config for pifba is planned – as herb pointed out we have a bug or two to fix first. Cheers.

haris1977
    Participant

That’s good news guys;) Thanks!

And a final question: Any thoughts about a 4 player automatic configuration? (similar to the 1st player setup i mean)??

This would be great…

herbfargus

If all 4 controllers are the same, you should only have to configure one. else- you can just press start in emulationstation and configure each controller that way after you’ve finished the first configuration on boot.

haris1977
    Participant

Thanks! I wiil try asap (as i dont have retropie right now)

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The forum ‘Controller Configuration in RetroPie’ is closed to new topics and replies.