Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi
    Has someone tried the FBA core in retroarch with a Pi 2? Is it running OK or is it still slower than PiFBA?

I’d like to display Capcom CPS/CPS 2 games in 4:3 but, due to their native resolution with PiFBA they keep displaying in 16:9 no matter what.
    Thanks

killer101
    Participant

Just set it up yesterday and for me it works like a charm. Even games like Street Fighter III (CPS3) runs great!

Can’t say anything about a correct aspect ratio …

Anonymous
    Inactive

Thanks a lot, still expecting my Pi 2 but i’m glad to hear that ;)
    In retroarch you can force 4:3 ratio so it should be ok.

Anonymous
    Inactive

The reason why fba-libretro is known as slower than pifba is because fba-libretro uses musashi (a m68k lle emulator) and pifba uses cyclone (a m68k hle emulator) for m68k-based games (most of the games of fba). lle means low level emulation and focus on accuracy, hle means high level emulation and focus on performance. Both should perform the same on other games (including cps3 which use SH-2). Rpi2 is powerfull enough to emulate m68k games through musashi. I’ve been trying to implement cyclone as an alternate cpu emulator on libretro-fba, but without success at the moment.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Ok, so i can use FBA core for CPS games and keep using PiFBA for Neo Geo games?

Anonymous
    Inactive

Neogeo uses same processors as cps1/2 (m68k for video, z80 for audio), those 3 systems only use different clocking :
    CPS1 : 10Mhz (12Mhz on most recent hardware)
    Neogeo : 12Mhz
    CPS2 : 16Mhz
    If you can emulate cps games on libretro-fba, i don’t see any reason why you could not emulate neogeo games on same libretro-fba. I had no issue with speed with any neogeo game on rpi1 with fba-libretro.

killer101
    Participant

Yep, for me the NeoGeo Games work perfect on the fba-libreto too.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Thanks ;)
    So there are no reasons to stick with PiFBA on a Pi 2?

killer101
    Participant

Not for me. Didn’t touch it with the Pi2!

mdmx
    Participant

I could use a hand with fba-libretro. I am on the recent image, Pi2, with full CPS-1, 2, 3 and neogeo romsets. Everything, and every rom work fine except for cps-3. Not a single CPS-3 rom will load. I download a few different copies of the full set of CPS-3 and every one gives me the same error that it can’t load. Do people really have SFIII3 etc. working on their build? I can’t figure out what I’m missing.

mdmx
    Participant

What a helpful response! I was looking for something a bit more constructive, but it’s always nice to run into a unloved troll. Back to your hole!

mdmx
    Participant

Solved.

In case anyone else runs into issues with CPS-3 roms, these links proved helpful:

https://github.com/clobber/fba/blob/master/src/burn/drv/cps3/d_cps3.cpp
    https://www.petrockblock.com/forums/topic/pifba-on-pi2/

morias
    Participant

SFIII wasn’t working for me in Retropie but it’s working in the libretro core of the latest Recalbox. Not sure why that is but I am happy.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Anonymous
    Inactive

[quote=91582]SFIII wasn’t working for me in Retropie but it’s working in the libretro core of the latest Recalbox. Not sure why that is but I am happy.

[/quote]
    Recalbox uses the new fba libretro repositery, which is up to date with fba stand-alone and works very well on rpi2 (i’m the maintainer and a rpi2 user). Retropie should think about switching to the new repo.

Anonymous
    Inactive

With unibios (you can select it from core options), you can select region.
    I have no issue with wide screen, what’s your issue with wide screen ?

mdmx
    Participant

@oldchocobo: Such a pompous jerk. If you just removed the first part of your response “a brain” you would have kept your vile innards from spilling out onto the forums. Scuttle away now.

morias
    Participant

There was no stretching to widescreen on the short test I did last night.

Anonymous
    Inactive

I can confirm that SF III 2nd impact and 3rd strike work at full speed on retropie with FBA libretro core on my overclocked Pi2, maybe you have bad roms (it has to be a NO CD rom)
    SF III new generation doesn’t run well though, but I don’t really care ;)

No widescreen issues either, since it’s a retroarch core you can force 4:3 ratio.

I have also tried other Capcom CPS 3 games (all coming from the same v0.2.97.31 romset), no problems with both Jojo’s bizarre adventure games, but War-zard refuses to launch…

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • The forum ‘Everything else related to the RetroPie Project’ is closed to new topics and replies.