Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Inactive

Hi all. Just wondered if anyone else has had this problem.
    Updated to 3.1 and now for some reason the fba roms are now in the neo-geo menu and vice versa?

They all play ok, but are in the wrong menu. No idea why

Also I’ve noticed now if I change any settings in the “edit retropie/retro arch configure” such as turning video smooth to false in any of the emulators, the setting just goes back to what it was before exiting the retropie menu.

Picture is of fba roms in the neo-geo menu

petrockblog
    Keymaster

which version did you update from ? please post your /etc/emulationstation/es_system.cfg (via pastebin.com)

Anonymous
    Inactive

[edit – removed unformatted config]

petrockblog
    Keymaster

Via pastebin.com please next time as requested so formatting is preserved.

so that looks fine – you must have put a full fba romset in the ~/RetroPie/roms/neogeo folder then rather than just the neogeo roms.

Personally I don’t use the neogeo rom folder, and just use the FBA – it’s split as there is a neogeo only emulator that can be optionally used but most stuff is better on lr-fba-next (which can be used for neogeo and the fba rom folders).

Anonymous
    Inactive

Sorry never used paste bin before no idea with that.

I didn’t move any roms around just updated to new version. Can I just put all roms into the FBA folder and get rid of the neo-geo?

Thanks for your help

herbfargus

Yes.

Floob

@martin0037
    The Neo Geo directory is really just a way to collate those games. As the NeoGeo was unique in having an arcade based system (MVS) and home based console (AES), that played exactly the same games, some people want to have a section just for the NeoGeo.
    As they are really just arcade games anyway, you can happily run them all under FBA or MAME.
    Personally I put the Neo Geo games in the neogeo directory and remove them from FBA, but its just personal choice.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The forum ‘Everything else related to the RetroPie Project’ is closed to new topics and replies.