Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    dashizzle
    Participant

I have noticed lately that when I hit F4 it take a long time to get the keypress prompt and eventually get to the command line. Trying to figure it out… I tried to reload a new image and when I F4 it exits the ES fast.

herbfargus

Yeah I had a similar issue- I don’t know what I did to make that happen, but I started from a fresh image and it didn’t happen anymore.

dashizzle
    Participant

Doh. Wish I hadn’t said that. Oh well. I’ll guess it have to do that again… And setup everything… Again. Lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dankcushions
    Participant

how many roms did you have when it happened? how many do you have now? had you scraped data for your roms before/now?

with emulation station, the only exit options that save all the metadata changes (“last played”, anything you’ve edited manually, etc), are F4, and “exit emulation station” in the ‘start’ menu. if you shutdown/restart your system, it will just terminate the process and not save anything. there is an issue raised about this – both why it takes so long, and why the other exit options don’t save the metadata.

in my experience, having a lot of roms will mean that terminating ES ‘properly’ (ie, via F4 or ‘exit emulation station’) takes ages.

dashizzle
    Participant

Must explain it then. I have a good number of roms in the folders.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

micah1880
    Participant

I’ve had the same issue since expanding my rom collection. Hopefully there will be a solution at some point.

DavidBowman
    Participant

Press Control + C and you’ll get the prompt.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The forum ‘Everything else related to the RetroPie Project’ is closed to new topics and replies.