Homepage Forums RetroPie Project Everything else related to the RetroPie Project Exiting Emulators leads to White Dot, Black Screen

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    chuwy8000
    Participant

Hey guys, absolutely love this whole project. The one problem I have is one other people have reported but I haven’t found a way around it yet. After using the SNES emulator for more than 20mins or so, if I quit back to my list of roms I’m left with a white dot on a black screen. At this point, I can’t control anything and I’m forced to pull the plug on my pie. Any save files I’ve made up to that point arn’t preserved in my games. I’ve created my image using the binary based installation. Any advice? Thanks!

resentedpoet
    Participant

I’ve been having some problems with this as well and been experimenting on ways to counter-act this. So far, the only thing I have had luck with is overclocking the GPU/CPU to 1.0GHz (via raspi-config). The only problem with this was, I was sometimes having system lockups during game play. I’m trying a set of heat sinks on the chipsets on the board now to see if I can get rid of some of the stress on the CPU/GPU by getting it cooled down faster. So far, so good, no lock-ups yet (Except NeoGeo, still having issues with that).

chuwy8000
    Participant

I already have mine overclocked to 1.0ghz actually, still has the same effect on how cleanly the emulator exits!

chuwy8000
    Participant

Actually, mine is set to 900hz, the medium setting

hanf
    Participant

I’m having the same exit emulator lock-up problems as well using the ‘medium’ setting. I will try another overclock configuration later and see if that works.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The forum ‘Everything else related to the RetroPie Project’ is closed to new topics and replies.