Homepage Forums RetroPie Project Everything else related to the RetroPie Project Exit 'button' on SNES / NES Emulators…

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    robofruit
    Participant

Hi,

I have my Pi2 inside an N64 shell running 3.0 beta and it’s all sweet. I have the original N64 reset switch wired to the GPIO board and a keyboard mapper that maps ESC to this key press. All the other Emus have the ability to use ESC as exit so this works great with the exception of SNES and NES emus,(I have tried switching to different ones using ‘x’ on startup).

Is there any other way of getting these emus to recognise the ESC key? My default retroarch.cfg file in /opt/retropi/configs/all seems to have this setup but no joy.

I know you can use joypad buttons to do this and I currently use start and select to exit but I really want them all to use the reset switch.

Thanks.

robofruit
    Participant

Sorted !

Found an old post by petrockblock. To resolve I removed the hotkey option from my retroarch.cfg under NES and added the line to enable keyboard escape as below …

#input_enable_hotkey_btn = “8”
    #input_exit_emulator_btn = “9”
    input_exit_emulator = escape

Works like a charm :o)

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The forum ‘Everything else related to the RetroPie Project’ is closed to new topics and replies.