Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    illcoolz
    Participant

Hi guys,

The road to completing my arcade machine has hit another setback. It kind of feels like I go 1 step forward, and two steps backwards at time -.-. Still knew to all this.

I’ve been using the ES scraper, and its been working well until yesterday. When I try to scrape a system, the scraper turns on, but its just skips through the roms, doesn’t add any image or info of the game at all :/. I am sure a lot of these games have information for them. I am not sure what’s happening.

Any ideas of what I can do?

robofruit
    Participant

The website that hosts the database : https://thegamesdb.net is down at the moment. No idea how to contact the person who hosts it. Looks like a timestamp problem to me due to daylight savings changing. If you want to know how to do images and text manually message me and I can send a brief description. It’s not that hard to do.

Floob

You could try this approach rather than the built in scraper

illcoolz
    Participant

[quote=93756]You could try this approach rather than the built in scraper

<div class=”fluid-width-video-wrapper” style=”padding-top: 56.1488673139159%;”>

</div>

[/quote]

hi Floob! Thank you for youre reply.

I actually did try this method! And everything worked out on Terminal just the way you did it, but when I rebooted the system, no pictures or info were in the SNES list :/. It was like I hadn’t done anything, and I have no idea why.

Any ideas?

Floob

Make *sure* that Emulation Station isnt running when you scrape.
    It does auto start when you boot the Pi so you need to exit out of it – and with version 3.0.0 of RetroPie it will auto restart – so make sure to press a key when prompted to stop it restarting.

You can usually tell if its running by typing “ps -u pi”

Also make sure all your actions, (logging into terminal etc.. ) are done as user pi, as opposed to root.

New easy install instructions can be found here for the scraper
    https://github.com/sselph/scraper#rpi-v2-1

drvenkman
    Participant

Can someone explain where the default ES scraper stores images and meta-data? For some weird reason the databases accessed by the scraper don’t have information for such common launch-titles as Dig Dug and Ms. Pac-Man, as well as a some random commons like Donkey Kong Jr. I’d just as soon find box art and meta-data elsewhere and manually save them.

Thanks in advance.

Floob

The defaults are stored here:
    /home/pi/.emulationstation/gamelists

illcoolz
    Participant

[quote=93768]Make *sure* that Emulation Station isnt running when you scrape.
    It does auto start when you boot the Pi so you need to exit out of it – and with version 3.0.0 of RetroPie it will auto restart – so make sure to press a key when prompted to stop it restarting.

You can usually tell if its running by typing “ps -u pi”

Also make sure all your actions, (logging into terminal etc.. ) are done as user pi, as opposed to root.

New easy install instructions can be found here for the scraper

https://github.com/sselph/scraper#rpi-v2-1

[/quote]

Floob, you are the MAN!!! Thanks a lot

robofruit
    Participant

Floob that’s awesome going to save a ton of time! Especially seeing as how the old site does not seem like it’s going to be back up any time soon.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • The forum ‘Everything else related to the RetroPie Project’ is closed to new topics and replies.