Homepage Forums RetroPie Project Everything else related to the RetroPie Project Errors on adding experimental modules from Retropie_setup.sh

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    ericahlers
    Participant

I’m trying to add the gpsp retroarch core via the set up script, however I keep encountering the following error (log is attached). I’m running Retropie 2.6 on a Rpi2, and haven’t had any success in searching for solutions. Thanks

gizmo98
    Participant

Please attach your log again. Did you update RetroPie-Setup script because swap file will be increased now if there is not enough ram.

ericahlers
    Participant

Sorry about that. I uploaded it again.

gizmo98
    Participant

A user had equal errors some time ago. A fresh install of SD Card image 2.6.0 fixed his problem. I don’t know how stable rpi2 is at the moment and if 1GHz OC works without any problem for every user.

Multiple Emulators Fail to build from source

ericahlers
    Participant

So I have no overclock currently. I guess I can re-image the SD card, but I haven’t had any other issues at all. If I want to backup my custom settings, any easy way to do this besides manually copying retroarch.cfg, controller profiles, etc?

gizmo98
    Participant

If you have windows and a usb card reader use usb image tool:

USB Image Tool

Start usb image tool as admin and do a backup in device mode.

If you have a mac or linux dd is the way to go.

ericahlers
    Participant

I hear you regarding a backup that way, but if I backup the image and then install it that way, that wouldnt be a “fresh install of retropie”, correct? My plan is to backup my finalized image (which is awaiting only GBA config), and then clone that image to my other Rpi’s.

I want to use the gpsp core so that I have universal controls so I can print out a quick “control quick reference” and give my kits to family and friends and keeping it as simple as possible.

ericahlers
    Participant

So a fresh install of the Retropie image and then immediate installation of the experimental module worked. Thanks

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The forum ‘Everything else related to the RetroPie Project’ is closed to new topics and replies.