Homepage Forums RetroPie Project Everything else related to the RetroPie Project Error wiith OpenMSX in RetroPie (image) 2.3: machines/C-BIOS_MSX2.xml not found

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    msxer
    Participant

I just started using the RetroPie image v2.3 and managed to get some emulators running by uploading some game ROMs to the Samba share ROMS.

However, when trying to start the included OpenMSX emulator from Emulation Station, I get the following error:

Failed to initialize default machine: Error in “C-BIOS_MSX2+” machine: machines/C-BIOS_MSX2+.xml not found in this context.

How can I solve this problem? I did download the cbios-0.25 bios files but it’s not exactly clear where to put these files.

Did anyone get OpenMSX to work?

msxer
    Participant

Fixed the issue myself by installing the OpenMSX 0.10.0 build from http://misapuntesde.com/post.php?id=382

Now OpenMSX is installed in /opt/openMSX (including the /machines subfolder) and works without any problems. After that I only had to update the /etc/emulationstation/es_systems.cfg to point to the new location of the OpenMSX binary:

<system>
       <fullname>MSX</fullname>
       <name>msx</name>
       <path>~/RetroPie/roms/msx</path>
       <extension>.rom .ROM</extension>
       <command>/opt/retropie/supplementary/runcommand/runcommand.sh 3 "/opt/openMSX/bin/openmsx %ROM%"</command>
       <platform>msx</platform>
       <theme>msx</theme>
    </system>
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Did by your How-to. Works like a charm on HDMI monitor.

Does it work on CRT TV?
    If yes, how did you config video settings for runcommand.sh 3 ?
    Getting black screen with every tried setting..
    Thank you!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘Everything else related to the RetroPie Project’ is closed to new topics and replies.