Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    peanut
    Participant

Hi for some reason my pi fba games are not scraping.

I crash to commandline with my keyboard being ‘disconnected’

Everytime I scrape a fba image it crashes
    but it does save the image it is scrapes followed with a crash to the commandline.

This is the following error I get to see

terminate called after throwing an instance of 'boost::filesystem3::filesystem_error’
    what():  boost::filesystem::canonical: No such file or directory: “/home/pi/.emulationstation/downloaded_images/fba/1944-image.jpg”
    /usr/bin/emulationstation: line 11:  2353 Aborted    $es_bin “$@”

does anyone know the solution?

Floob

Have you tried scraping with sselphs script – it is quicker and more reliable.

peanut
    Participant

that is not for mame/neogeo games

/edit
    oh it is my bad! thnx hopefully it won’t give any errors

but seriously though… how is it even possible for the problem that I have to occur… it frustrates me to no end

sselph
    Participant

The error seems to be because it can’t open
    /home/pi/.emulationstation/downloaded_images/fba/1944-image.jpg for writing.
    There could be a few causes. You can check to see if the folders exist. It should create them for you but if the folder didn’t exist you’d get an error like that. You could also check the permissions of the folders to ensure that everything is writable by pi.

I didn’t specifically add FBA support but if it is in the mamedb.com it might work with the -mame flag.

peanut
    Participant

I tried the video using your latest scraper file from the latest releases page.

followed the video but I get error processing romname.zip: No valid roms found in zip

it happens to each rom

sselph
    Participant

You have to add the -mame flag, if you are scraping mame to tell it to use that logic vs the original hashing logic. The original script attempts to locate the rom data and hash the contents even inside zip files but with mame I just look at the name of the zip.

peanut
    Participant

Thanks I worked somehow :)

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The forum ‘Everything else related to the RetroPie Project’ is closed to new topics and replies.