Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Participant

So I installed the image, and loaded up the launcher app, copied some roms and had them appear in the launcher, but no matter what I launch, it makes like it’s gonna launch it (the screen image recedes), then comes right back into the launcher.

I have a 512k model, not sure if there’s a firmware consideration or not.

I have two Logitech Dual Action controllers, but for now I’m just trying to get it working with one, or even just with keyboard. I found a config file for the Dual Action on another post and copied in that config file, but it doesn’t seem to have helped.

brooksyx
    Participant

Are your roms in zipped/compressed folders? I believe most/all emulators required the roms to be unzipped. I know the pocketsnes requires this. Most likely due to the fact that unzipping roms on the fly can hurt performance so this helps a lot with speed.

jtode
    Participant

Hmm… I know my mame roms I left zipped, but that was because they disappeared completely if I didn’t – the launcher only seems to see zip files. I probably left all the rest the same way. I’ll try unzipping everything once I get the card redone (I messed around with the gamepad settings in the launcher and now it’s not responding to anything.)

Anonymous
    Inactive

Are you following a tutorial? And are you connected via HDMI or composite?

You should leave your MAME and NeoGeo roms zipped, everything else needs to match the extensions set in the es_systems.cfg file.

jtode
    Participant

I was sort of winging it, cause there isn’t really a great tutorial on the site here, that I can see. I like that I don’t need to spend nine hours installing the emulators, but I’m thinking I would probably be better off if I did, cause then I would at least know just what’s installed on this thing… :>

For instance, I can see that when I launch from EmuSta, it simply executes a command line, but it goes by too quickly for me to see what it executes, or to read the large amount of (undoubtedly very informative) text that flies up the screen in that split second.

jtode
    Participant

Just got the NES to launch, but mame still don’t wanna play galaga.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The forum ‘Everything else related to the RetroPie Project’ is closed to new topics and replies.