Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    geoldr
    Participant

Hi all

I have a few questions about emulators on version 2.6

I am trying to load gameboy color, and SNES roms. Which folder do I need to put it in?

I see there is ‘gbc’ and ‘GBC’. I see ‘snes’ ‘SNES’ ‘snes-pisnes’ and ‘snes-9x..’.

I also see for MAME there are 5 folders. Neogeo has 2 folders, etc, etc.

So which emulator is the best one! Why are there so many seemingly duplicates??

geoldr
    Participant

Does anybody have any explanation or reason of which one is best?

Floob

There isnt necessarily a best version, they use different emulators. They are all provided so you can choose which you want to use.

You can see what is what by looking at /etc/emulationstation/es_systems.cfg

For SNES I use the retroarch pocketsnes version which is
    /home/pi/RetroPie/roms/snes

For MAME I use mame4allpi, which is:
    /home/pi/RetroPie/roms/mame

geoldr
    Participant

[quote=88376]There isnt necessarily a best version, they use different emulators. They are all provided so you can choose which you want to use.

You can see what is what by looking at /etc/emulationstation/es_systems.cfg

For SNES I use the retroarch pocketsnes version which is
    /home/pi/RetroPie/roms/snes

For MAME I use mame4allpi, which is:
    /home/pi/RetroPie/roms/mame
    [/quote]

Got it. Is it possible to disable the emulators that I don’t need? Or is this not really necessary, since it would only free up space, not any actual resources though right?

Floob

Yes, if you dont want to use one, dont put any roms in its folder and it wont show up in Emulation Station.
    You could remove them from the disk space, but you would save very little space really.

geoldr
    Participant

[quote=88391]Yes, if you dont want to use one, dont put any roms in its folder and it wont show up in Emulation Station.
    You could remove them from the disk space, but you would save very little space really.[/quote]

Cool! Thanks Floob. Very helpful videos on YT BTW!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The forum ‘Everything else related to the RetroPie Project’ is closed to new topics and replies.