Homepage Forums RetroPie Project New to RetroPie? Start Here! Emulationstation white screen and no activity after adding ROMs

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    ravepants
    Participant

Hi all,

I am running a Pi2 and the retropie 3 final build, I have a NES30 controller, keyboard and mouse connected.

I write the image to an 8GB micro SD, boot up, configure the controller and all the other needed options, load emulation station and configure it, and all this works fine, i can slide through the menu option, and then test by loading zork, this all works fine, i then enable SSH and SMB to add ROMs.
    I go to my PC and SMB into the Pi and copy all the various ROMSs to the relevant folders and reboot the pi through SSH using sudo init 6
    Once the pi has rebooted and emulations station starts and i get the loading screen, then it goes plain white as if its about to start and then just hangs with little to no disk activity, it stays this way until a reboot, whereby it happens again, and just keeps happening.
    I am still able to SSH and SMB in while it remains in this state.

I also had this issue with the previous beta’s and RC1 (i was hoping it would be fixed in final, so i just waited it out before)

I can re-image the SD, and it all works fine again, and after various testing, it just seems to be caused when any roms are added to any folders.

Is it necessary to reboot the Pi after adding ROM’s to any one folder?

Any help greatly appreciated!

Floob

Can you do one step at a time
    – Re-image (SSH should be enabled by default)
    – Copy just one systems roms across and see if you have the issue

Its not needed to restart the Pi after adding roms, but you do have to quit Emulation Station. It will auto restart after 5 seconds unless you press a key.

ravepants
    Participant

Thanks,

I’ll give that a try now.

ravepants
    Participant

Hi Floob,

That seems to have done the trick, i’ve copied 3 ROM sets over now, restarting emulationstation each time and so far so good.

Thank you :)

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘New to RetroPie? Start Here!’ is closed to new topics and replies.