Homepage Forums RetroPie Project Everything else related to the RetroPie Project EmulationStation text hard to read, change resolution?

Tagged: ,

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    d3rax
    Participant

Hi everyone,

It’s not the first question about this subject, but I have tried the suggestions on the forum but they don’t seem to work.

I have build my retropie in a original game boy case, using a 3.5 inch tft screen. All worked out nice and I have croped the screen so it fits exactly in the original 160×144 screenwindow of the game boy. I also changed the resolution in config.txt to 160×144. This all works.

EmulationStation also crops nice in to the 160×140 screenwindow but I can’t get the resolution to change. I think a lower resolution would be better, because the text in EmulationStation is not readable.

Any Idea’s how I can fix this?

Floob

You may be able to change the font size etc.. in the theme?

Some info here:

d3rax
    Participant

By changing the font size in es_systems.cfg I was able to make the text of the gameslist and the scraped game info bigger so its readable now!

I also would like to make the text of the menu bigger, and also the text of in the down left corner explaining the buttons. But I don’t see any reference to these parts in es_systems.cfg?

Any tips were I can alter the font size of the menu, the scraper menu and the text in the down left corner?

proxycell
    Participant

here is the official documentation for themes in ES
    https://github.com/Aloshi/EmulationStation/blob/master/THEMES.md

d3rax
    Participant

Hmmm cant find any referance to the fontsize for the popup menu….maybe the menu is nit “themed”?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The forum ‘Everything else related to the RetroPie Project’ is closed to new topics and replies.