Homepage Forums RetroPie Project New to RetroPie? Start Here! EmulationStation Seems Dated

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    henrycd11
    Participant

Today I downloaded the 3.2.1 Retropie version directly from the site. I then formatted the card into a .img file and wrote it to a microsd card which I put in my Raspberry Pi and booted. Everything seems to work except that the cosole screens seem dated and are not the same as those in the different videos I’ve watched. Is this meant to be? There is no white strip with console name in the middle and background images, it is a gray pattern that looks like it came from an old version.

Pi Model: 2 model B
    RetroPie Version Used: 3.2.1
    Built From: SD Image
    USB Devices connected:Keyboard
    Guide used: (Mention if you followed a guide): The Github Guide, Floob’s tutorial

henrycd11
    Participant

I looked at the theme and it said carbon, but there is no option to change it. Is it because of the theme?

petrockblog
    Keymaster

That is the new theme. You can change the theme from retropie-setup – please do read the documentation – https://github.com/RetroPie/RetroPie-Setup/wiki/Themes

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘New to RetroPie? Start Here!’ is closed to new topics and replies.