Homepage Forums RetroPie Project Emulation Station Themes emulationstation character issue

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    donfalcone
    Participant

Hello,

I recently start to use retropie. I’m facing a lot of difficulty to configure it but with the help of this forum I progress slowly. So thanks for this.

btw I’m in front of a problem with the emulation station. the character in the menu is unreadable and I can’t use it at all, especially for the scrapper where the dialog windows are displayed on each other.

is that any sense for somebody ?

fonzman
    Participant

same problem here.
    after changing these lines in /boot/config.txt

hdmi_group = 1
    hdmi_mode = 1

I got normal fonts and images back in emulationstation. However, with these settings my Pi is running in VGA-mode and presents an ugly low-res version of emulationstation.
    Changing hdmi_mode to something else doesn’t help – then the gibberish and missing images are back :-(

I reinstalled emulationstation from sources, but that didn’t help either.

any idea, what could cause this? It appeared after I moved a lot of files over via WinSCP, and afterwards deleted some files through the same method. I also edited one or two files through WinSCP’s editor.

EDIT:
    hmmm .. after changing
    hdmi_mode = 4
    (which equals 720p)
    and rebooting 2 or 3 times, fonts and missing images are normal again! very strange, but I am glad its fine again ..

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The forum ‘Emulation Station Themes’ is closed to new topics and replies.