Homepage Forums RetroPie Project Everything else related to the RetroPie Project Emulation station just produces black screen?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Firestarman
    Participant

I dumped the latest (1.3) img to my sd, and emulationstation just produces a black screen. I’ve tried fudging with hdmi modes and all that but no go.

Anyone know a fix?

skater_j10
    Participant

Have you messed around with any files on your SDcard or is it the stock .img? You could try just reloading the image on your card and see if that fixes it. You could maybe try another monitor or use the RCA jack instead (for testing). I don’t see any reason why it shouldn’t be working as it runs fine for me, just to clarify you can see the Pi boot up on your monitor with the wall of text, then you can see the RetroPie splash screen, then you’re waiting ~10 seconds for emulationstation to boot, but no go?

Firestarman
    Participant

That’s exactly what happens. I’ll try the rca jack tomorrow

Firestarman
    Participant

It works over rca, but not hdmi. =/ i’ve fiddled some more with the hdmi options but no luck

skater_j10
    Participant

Try flexing your HDMI cable upward (away from the Pi PCB). I am currently having some issues with conductivity with my HDMI connector and flexing it up fixes it. Or you can try another HDMI cable.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The forum ‘Everything else related to the RetroPie Project’ is closed to new topics and replies.