Homepage Forums RetroPie Project Everything else related to the RetroPie Project Emulation Station gamelist issue

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

I have this issue in both Retropie 2.6 and Retropie 3.0. When scrolling through a list of games, the last item in the list is only partially visible when scrolling to the bottom of the list (can’t read the last game in the list). Searching for a fix has not worked. By what I can tell, the issue is within ES itself as the none of the ES screen is chopped off on the screen. Anyone else notice this issue?

dccelly
    Participant

Same boat, 2.6 and 3.0 b2. Not like i play Zool or Zoop or whatever but, still be nice to see the full name.

Anonymous
    Inactive

To fix this, you have to change the gamelist font in the themes. For the stock Retropie image, you have to edit “simple.xml” in the the etc/Emulationstation/themes/simple directory.

I changed the “<fontSize>0.03</fontSize>” line in the “<textlist name=”gamelist”>” to <fontSize>0.055</fontSize>. Here is the entry in simple.xml:

<textlist name=”gamelist”>
    <selectorColor>393a3b</selectorColor>
    <selectedColor>97999b</selectedColor>
    <primaryColor>393a3b</primaryColor>
    <secondaryColor>000000</secondaryColor>
    <fontPath>./art/OPENSANS.TTF</fontPath>
    <fontSize>0.03</fontSize>
    <forceUppercase>1</forceUppercase>
    <!– <scrollSound>./art/sound.wav</scrollSound> –>
    </textlist>

You can experiment with font sizes here. You can also change the color of the text in the list by changing the <primaryColor> rgb hexcode.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘Everything else related to the RetroPie Project’ is closed to new topics and replies.