Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Participant

I am kinda beginning to lose patience with RetroPie at this stage. I am on my third install with Emulation Station freezing due to what I think is a corrupted SD card.

I am following TechTipsta, Floob, and Herb Fargus’ Youtube videos exactly. Have other had to format their SD card and reflash the image and start all over again multiple times? I dunno if I could be bothered with that, might have to just go back to my laptop with RetroArch connected to the tv.

charco
    Participant

Right, I got as far as getting my FBA, MAME, SNES, Megadrive, TG16, NES, and Master System romsets on there and used the scraper tool to add images! All working perfectly!

Turned it on this morning and Emulation Station freezes on loading with a white screen. Was working perfectly when I finally got to bed at 2:30am. This makes no sense to me.

Reformatted and luckily had backed up an image so at least I have my romsets there, rescraping now. If this fails again I will get a new 64gb micro SD card.

At my wits end now.

charco
    Participant

Found a 64GB SanDisk Ultra card in Argos for 30 Euro so I am writing my backed up image to that now and will see if it was the old card that was the issue. Hopefully I will have some good news!

charco
    Participant

Of course it didn’t work. The umage I had backed up must have had an issue with it I think. Starting from scratch woth the new 64GB sd card, a fresh stock retropie-v3.0beta2-rpi2 image, a new usb flash drive to transfer roms. The only thing I can do is rule out every variable at this stage.

Omnija
    Participant

What are you using as a power supply?

I have heard of power supplies that don’t supply enough power can cause lots of unexpected issues.

charco
    Participant

Seems to be the recommended power supply.

No lock ups since I installed the clean image on the new 64GB card. I decided not to use that scraper file at all. Kinda scared to use it now!

Have my iBuffalo SNES controllers in the post so haven’t bothered setting up controls until they arrive, just adding compatible roms etc.

Looking forward to finally playing some games with a pal, this has not been the easiest to configure I must say.

Omnija
    Participant

Good to hear it’s been sorted out.

charco
    Participant

I think this has something to do with gamelist.xml files. If I delete or add roms via ssh the gamelist file can not reconcile with missing games and Emulation Station freezes. The issue resolves itself when I delete the gamelist file.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The forum ‘New to RetroPie? Start Here!’ is closed to new topics and replies.