Homepage Forums RetroPie Project New to RetroPie? Start Here! Emulation Station Creating .NES files

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    scrummel
    Participant

So I’ve just finished my Play Choice Bartop arcade, and everything works great, however I’m running in to a slight issue. I’ve got all the NES ROMS I want loaded in to the NES ROM Folder. Say I got to play Mike Tysons Punch out, upon exiting the game, in the list of ROMS there will only be one Mike Tysons Punch Out listed. Once the machine is powered off and back on, there will be two Mike Tysons Punch Outs listed. I can navigate to the ROM folder via File Explorer \\:”ipaddress” and a file has been created with a “.NES” file extension. Can I prevent this from happening? thanks in advance for the help guys.

herbfargus

is it zipped? retroarch unzips the file when you play it

scrummel
    Participant

Thanks herfargus, the ROMS I have loaded in to the NES folder are Zipped. To prevent this duplication should I unzip each rom and delete the zipped files?

scrummel
    Participant

Worked like a FREAKIN CHARM, Thanks again herbfargus. That never even occurred to me at all.

jeffdamann
    Participant

Yeah but shouldnt the uncompressed file be deleted after usage? I ran into this problem a few times, but it doesnt seem to happen regularly. I am tight on space so I can’t unzip what I have zipped.

It seemed to me the only ones that stayed unzipped were when the pi froze during gameplay and had to be unplugged.

windale
    Participant

I also used to get this on an earlier version. What RetroPie version and what NES emulator do you use ?

Mine is v3.2.1 and the default emulator ‘lr-fceumm’. This does NOT leave unzipped files.

scrummel
    Participant

I too am running 3.2.1. The zipped files duplicating after they were unzipped never occurred to me at all

xd3l
    Participant

Why does Retro unzip them? That’s annoying! :)

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The forum ‘New to RetroPie? Start Here!’ is closed to new topics and replies.