Homepage Forums RetroPie Project New to RetroPie? Start Here! Emulation Ability With New Raspberry Pi 2?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    sjo102784
    Participant

I was curious how good the emulation ability of the new Raspberry Pi 2 B model is, specifically with PS1 and N64 games. I’ve owned the B+ model, but it was incapable of emulating the PS1 and N64 games I own, which was a bit disappointing.

Is the refresh able to handle PS1 and N64 games now? I’d like a bit of advice/information from people with real world testing of the emulation. I’m a huge fan of N64 games and PS1 turn based RPGs and would love to pick one up to emulate them.

Thanks everyone!

herbfargus

It depends on your games and how much you are willing to tweak settings. I’ve had more luck with PS1 emulation than I have than I have had with N64 (granted I may not have been patient enough to sort out the N64 settings) but that being said the Rpi 2 makes a big difference. Since those two consoles are at the limits of the Rpi 2’s processing power it will be hit and miss but a lot more games function in some form or fashion better than the B+. Plus even if the games don’t all work, there are a lot of added benefits to having an Rpi 2 regardless- faster boot times, more emulator options, and for only $35 its a good investment.

jamesandjome-com
    Participant

Hey check this out https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DJC2EB-za3s

I have my setup solely for PSX and struggled with it on the B+. The Pi 2 however runs every PSX game I have tried flawlessly. Sound and speed wise.

Currentally I am 22 15 hours into Final Fantasy Tatics, blitzed through Diablo for a few hours and just finished Legacy of Kain – Soul Reaver. I have played about an hour into ff9 with no issues with any of the above.

I cannot comment on N64 as I have not tried.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘New to RetroPie? Start Here!’ is closed to new topics and replies.