Homepage Forums RetroPie Project Everything else related to the RetroPie Project Emu joystick configuration, may be assignment order (EmuStation & RetroArch)

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    vunax
    Participant

hi @all,

i have a question about retropie and the joystick order which will be used at the emulators via retroarch or direct.

i installed my retropie with the image, followed the instrutions herer and on different pages. i updated it with the script – everthink works fine.

i installed a wireless keyboard and for testing and directly retro-feeling 3 different gamepads and joysticks.
    – psx compatible usb-gamepad
    – xbox compatible usb-gamepad
    – competition pro compatible usb-joystick

emustation detect the keyboard and the 3 joysticks and i configure ist correctly without problems.
    for most of the emus i got the info to configure them via retoarch and i did this also via retropie-setup without problems.

tests bevor with the joystick-tool let me show that every device seems to work korrectly.

but if i like to use it in one of the emulators – there sometimes only will be the keyboards available or nothing.
    i test everythink, had a look at the logs but there is no problem – it seems to be a configration think.
    i parsed the internet but i yet i did’nt find anything usefull.

may be the order of the joysticks seems to be a problem?
    or do i need to configure some specials into the emu-retroarch-config?

other emulators like vice (c64) did’nt use retroarch and at the first tests some buttons seems to work but after some ours testing, reinstalling nothing work any more.

what i did wrong or may be forgot at the configuration?
    thank you!
    bye

lolerzz
    Participant

I think some emulators might require separate configuration

vunax
    Participant

thank you – i know this.
    but i thought the main / overall-config will be used by most emus?
    are there a list which emus need to remap/reconfigure or also need seperate emu-built in config?
    how to i create emu-specific retroarch-config?

also with the retroarch joystick config-tool write a file down like all-config?
    but how to i know whichs specials are needfull there?
    i don’t like to generate the main config again.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘Everything else related to the RetroPie Project’ is closed to new topics and replies.