Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Hello. I’d like to slim down the list of games that shows in ES for MAME. There are many duplicate games, so I’m updating gamelist.xml to remove the other versions, leaving just the main ROMs. However, all games are still show up in ES. Not sure why this is. Is ES also reading something else?

I figured that I’d update gamelist.xml rather and removing roms, but maybe I’m going about this the wrong way. Any help would be appreciated.

robertybob
    Participant

I can’t speak for MAME.. but with the systems I have the games will still show up if you have the rom file in the roms folder, whether it’s in the gamelist.xml or not.

rawk1971
    Participant

I found that ES has a command-line switch –gamelist-only, but I have no idea how to get ES to launch in this mode. Anyone know?

dudleydes
    Participant

As far as I understand, ES is called by the bash script /usr/bin/emulationstation. You could try adding the –gamelist-only switch to the emulationstation command in the line that begins es_bin.

I reduced the number of ROMs from my 0.37b5 set from 2271 to 782. I can go through the steps I took if you would like.

rawk1971
    Participant

Adding –gamelist-only switch to the bash file worked. Thanks dudleydes!

Now I have some XML editing to do. :)

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The forum ‘New to RetroPie? Start Here!’ is closed to new topics and replies.