Homepage Forums RetroPie Project Emulation Station Themes Edit existing theme

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    screechyboy
    Participant

Hey,

Firstly I wanted to say i have learnt so much the last few weeks from this forum and thank you all in advance for your assistance with my latest quirk.

The tronkyfran theme is almost perfect however the ZX Spectrum background i just dont like :)

So i thought i would sftp to /etc/emulationstation/themes/tronkyfran/zxspectrum/art and upload a new image however permission is denied!

Question is, how can i change the themes folder so that all subfolders and files are chmod 777 every attempt i have tried has failed, can anyone help?

Thanks

dudleydes
    Participant

Download the theme to the /home/pi/.emulationstation/themes folder. This takes precedence over the themes in /etc/emulationstation. You should have no issue editing the theme as it’s in your home folder.

screechyboy
    Participant

In Home/Pi/ i only have RetroPie and RetroPie-Setup do i need to create the .emulationstation folder or should it already be there?

dudleydes
    Participant

.emulationstation is a hidden folder (a dot before the folder name will tell you that) so you will need to choose the Show Hidden Files to view the folder.

screechyboy
    Participant

Weirdly .emulation station was hidden in my sftp program but i found it using filezilla.

I had to create the themes folder but after copying across my version of Tronkyfan and restarting emulationstation it works.

Thank you!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The forum ‘Emulation Station Themes’ is closed to new topics and replies.