Homepage Forums RetroPie Project Everything else related to the RetroPie Project Duke Nukem the only things that runs

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    eric07
    Participant

Duke Nukem is game I can get to run. All other emulators when I try to run them I get a very brief flash of console text (so fast I can’t read it), and then the screen goes black. Any help would be appreciated.

brooksyx
    Participant

Sounds like you don’t have any roms on your sd card. Most of the emulators you are seeing just have placeholder text files.

eric07
    Participant

No, I have loaded a number of ROMs for different emulators and nothing. As well I would expect Doom, and A Cave Story to work if that was the case, but they do not.

kitchuk
    Participant

Cave story should work straight away after flashing the retropie image. If you press F4 in emulation station it takes you to the console. What does it say?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Anonymous
    Inactive

Are you using Composite or HDMI? You may to go into boot/config.txt and make some changes. You can check out this thread too.

As kitchuk mentioned, press F4 after it fails to see what the error was.

rogueapache
    Participant

This happened with a bad ROM for me and it was in MAME but I redownloaded from a new source and it worked

My bad ROM did the same thing it would briefly flash and go back to the menu

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The forum ‘Everything else related to the RetroPie Project’ is closed to new topics and replies.