Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    skater_j10
    Participant

Repost from the Raspi Forums since the question will likely get buried there.

Anyone have a tutorial on a legit installation of this game with RetroPie, from purchasing the game from 3D Realms http://www.3drealms.com/duke3d/index.html (or using the shareware version) to getting the files placed in the correct RetroPie/RetroArch folders? I’ve been up and down the forums and even resorted to googling…couldn’t seem to get it going.

petrockblog
    Keymaster

I used gog.com for buying “Duke Nukem 3d: Atomic Edition”. For some reasons, 3drealms.com showed problems during the payment process in my case.

The Windows installation contains a file “DUKE3D.GRP”. This file has to be copied into the directory [pre]/home/pi/RetroPie/roms/duke3d[/pre] To be able to start Duke3D, you also need to have educed installed. If it is not already installed, you can do this by starting the RetroPie Setup Script, choose “source-based installation” and de-select everything except Duke3D.

I hope that helps!?

skater_j10
    Participant

Thank you petrockblog,  I had the same issue with the 3Drealms site, had to download via gog.com as well.

So I moved DUKE3D.GRP to my roms folder but it didn’t work but I tried what you suggested and reinstalled eduke32 with the “source based installation” and it worked!

So sweet, thanks again. My only comments now are: unfortunately it seems unplayable for me as it’s strictly keyboard/mouse controls not joystick and it doesn’t display through the composite (RCA) jack only the HDMI, so sad.

petrockblog
    Keymaster

Glad to hear that!

Did you already have a look at http://wiki.eduke32.com/wiki/Joystick_setup for the joystick issue?

skater_j10
    Participant

Sweet, I didn’t know that existed, thanks for that! Now if only there was a solution for RCA out… Maybe I should try some different video scaling values in retroarch.cfg.

fonzman
    Participant

Can’t get my joypad to work with the Duke.

you must check the joystick check-box under the configuration tab of the Eduke32 pre-game setup

funny .. where exactly is this “configuration tab … pre-game setup”?!? Has anyone a step-by-step guide how to enable the joystick in eduke32?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The forum ‘Everything else related to the RetroPie Project’ is closed to new topics and replies.