Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    kahlif
    Participant

OK, so I am new to pi and retropie, but not so new to Linux. Here is my issue…

I have a Rasp Pi Model B 128GB RAM, with a 32GB SD card. I torrented the 1.9.1 SD image and have flashed is successfully. I was able to boot it and copy ROMs to it, and can play a game with my keyboard. However, I want gamepads…

I have 2 x Logitech F310s that I am connecting through a powered USB hub (keyboard directly into the other USB port, and using ethernet cable for internet), but for the life of me, I can only get one partially working.

I compiled xboxdrv 0.8.5 from source as described here and tried running xboxdrv with Daemon mode or with the instructions in the xbox360 guide on Github (using rc.local).

I get js0, but not js1, and even js0 does not work at all once the snes emulator is loaded (but will control the emulationstation interface).

I have been working for 3 days trying to get this working, and I swear I have looked everywhere I can think to find the smoking gun, but I am at my wit’s end…

Thanks in advance for your help, and please let me know if there is anything you need from me to troubleshoot…

kahlif
    Participant

Well, after beating myself against the wall, and replacing power to a 2A, and swapping my unpowered hub to a powered hub, it ends up one of the ports on the powered hub was bad. I saw in dmesg almost constant port resets.

Once I replaced the hub, I was able to config both and can use both controllers now.

After doing this for years, I am amazed how I still get tripped up on the “Step 1” stuff…

InsecureSpike
    Participant

I noticed the other day when setting up my logitech wireless wingman that the receiver needs to be via a powered usb hub, and that was with only 1 controller, my 2nd one should arrive tomorro, but I’m not expecting any issues, great you got it sorted!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘Everything else related to the RetroPie Project’ is closed to new topics and replies.