Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Participant

I am trying to download RetroPi version 2.6 for the Pi1 so I can build a quick retropie for my friend.

I would download it, wipe card, flash card, turn on my pi, and press f4 to get to the terminal. When I type “startx” it wont let me get to x. I restart my pi and f4 to the terminal again and notice that it says retropie 3.14… So i went back to the download page, checked to see if i just downloaded the wrong one, did the whole process again and still cant get into x because its retropie version 3 apparently. Help? Where can i get the actual version 2.6 so I don’t have to worry about bugs for my friend?

petrockblog
    Keymaster

neither 2.6 and 3.0 come with a full desktop. X is there, but you will only get a terminal if using startx.

in regards to version numbers you are confusing the kernel version with the image version. There is no actual internal version number in retropie – it is constantly moving – we just take a snapshot of where we are occasionally, and label it.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The forum ‘Everything else related to the RetroPie Project’ is closed to new topics and replies.